IEC 61511: Functional Safety Analysis, Design, and Operation
Jun 12 - 15, 2017
- Mumbai, India
Optional CFSP/CFSE exam on 16 June 2017.
Contact AsiaPacificTraining@exida.com for more information.
Enroll Now! Back to Course Schedule
Looking to become a CFSE or CFSP? This is the course you'll need to pass the exam!
Also known as FSE 100, this course provides an overview of process industry safety engineering from the point of view of the Risk Analyst, Process Safety Coordinator, and Control Systems Design Engineer.
It delivers a complete overview of the functional safety lifecycle. The course reviews Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Consequence Analysis, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Target Selection, Safety Requirements Specification (SRS) generation, failure rates, device and system reliability, SIF verification, SIF detailed design and Operations requirements.
This course forms a broad review in preparation for the Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) and Certified Functional Safety Professional (CFSP) process industry application engineering exams.
FSE 101 (Days 1 & 2)
- Introduction to Safety Instrumented Systems
- Principles of Risk Management
- The Safety Lifecycle
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Consequence Analysis
- Likelihood Analysis
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Tolerable Risk
- SIL Target Selection
- Safety Requirements Specification (SRS)
FSE 102 (Days 3 & 4)
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) failure
- From failure rate to SIL
- Single devices to system
- Redundant Architectures
- Requirements to SIF
- SIF Design and Verification in the Safety Lifecycle
- SIF Detail Design
Who Should Attend:
- Process Safety engineer
- Control engineer
- Reliability engineer
- Engineering/Operations management
- Plant risk analysts
- Loss prevention professionals
- CFSE and CFSP Process Application candidates