Senior Hardware Safety Engineer
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021
What we’re good at
Leading global companies rely on exida for functional safety and cybersecurity expertise. Founded in 2000, exida has proudly become a trusted partner, known for its cutting-edge technology, extensive cross-industry expertise, and market leadership. Headquartered in Sellersville, PA, exida has local roots with a global reach, operating across 16 countries in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
We’re looking to grow our team with an experienced Electronic Component Reliability Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative company culture with a team of world-class engineers. When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Profit-sharing bonus and incentive pay based on achieved targets
- A friendly team environment
- Generous paid time off and excellent work-life balance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance plans and 401(k)
- Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
- A growth trajectory and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities for domestic and international travel
What you’re good at
- Oversee product assessment and certification for functional safety standards for industrial automation, machines, on-road & off-road automotive, as well as fire & gas
- Perform audits for design companies focusing on their hardware engineering processes and designs
- Conduct engineering process analysis, and failure modes, effects and diagnostic analyses
- Detailed hardware architectural reviews and Hardware FMEAs
- Develop detailed product safety cases to show compliance with functional safety standards
- Interpret standards requirements and document procedures for assessment
- Conduct training in good development processes and Functional Safety requirements
- Support business development efforts - creating proposals, presenting to clients and participating in the RFP process.
- Produce thought leadership (e.g. articles and whitepapers) that demonstrate our domain expertise in semiconductor design
- Represent and promote exida at industry meetings, conferences, and industry committees
- Develop proposals, budgets and timesheet recordings as required
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree
- 6+ years of experience with product design and development, including: hardware design, circuit board analysis, embedded microcomputer-based systems and quality assurance
- Foundation in Microsoft Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Successful completion of background check
Bonus points for:
- CFSE or CFSP certification
- Experience with real-time embedded software development and experience with IEC 61508 or ISO 13849 functional safety certification
- Knowledge of integrated circuit technology
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards
If you like seeking out complex challenges to solve and using the latest technology to push the boundaries of engineering, come be part of exida’s mission!
If you meet the requirements of this role, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your background is a strong fit, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch.
exida is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran, or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.