Semiconductor Safety Engineer
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021
Sellersville, PA / Shannon, Ireland
What we’re good at
Leading global companies rely on exida for functional safety and cybersecurity expertise. Founded in 2000, exida has proudly become a trusted partner, known for its cutting-edge technology, extensive cross-industry expertise, and market leadership. Headquartered in Sellersville, PA, exida has local roots with a global reach, operating across 16 countries in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
We’re looking to grow our team with an experienced Electronic Component Reliability Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative company culture with a team of world-class engineers. When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Profit-sharing bonus and incentive pay based on achieved targets
- A friendly team environment
- Generous paid time off and excellent work-life balance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance plans and 401(k)
- Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
- A growth trajectory and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities for domestic and international travel
What you’re good at
You’re quick to learn the functions of new applications and feel comfortable training others. You’re solutions-focused and always investigate the proper technical approach to establish best practices. Applying your strong analytical skills, you bring a methodical approach to defining and implementing requirements and standards. Reporting to the Director of OEM Certification, you will:
- Audit and assess the semiconductor design processes per functional safety standards and industry practice.
- Evaluate new semiconductor designs for reliability and failure mode probabilities
- Create quantitative failure rate models for various semiconductor devices including useful life.
- Perform Hardware FMEA and Dependent Failure Analysis
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Analysis
- Develop detailed safety cases for products to show compliance with functional safety standards
- Interpret standards requirements and document procedures for assessment
- Conduct training in good development processes and Functional Safety requirements
- Support business development efforts and communicate with clients
- Produce thought leadership (e.g. articles and whitepapers) that demonstrate our domain expertise in semiconductor design
- Represent and promote exida at industry meetings, conferences and industry committees
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree
- CFSE or CFSP certification is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in semiconductor design for analog, digital, or mixed mode circuits
- Knowledge of semiconductor design and production processes
- Knowledge of semiconductor failure modes and mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. work authorization (for Sellersville, PA location)
- Successful completion of background check
If you like seeking out complex challenges to solve and using the latest technology to push the boundaries of engineering, come be part of exida’s mission!
If you meet the requirements of this role, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your background is a strong fit, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch.
exida is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran, or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.