Inside Technical Sales
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, maximizing sales growth potential and working within the exida business development team (Consultants, Account Managers, Marketing) to secure new business.
- Effectively manage all new business leads in order to identify and target new business opportunities. Follow up on all customer inquiries directed towards the exida Customer Support Desk and qualify resulting opportunities. Engage customers throughout the sales cycle.
- Work with the exida business development team to ensure optimal management of new business opportunities. This includes coordinating and conducting web meetings, seminars, and onsite customer visits.
- Partake in ongoing self-development by identifying focus areas within your current role or opportunities to advance personal career ladder. Including the attendance of external sales training workshops. Work with the Inside Sales Manager to create and implement corresponding development plan(s).
- Document all customer facing activity via the Insightly Customer Relationship Management system. Plan, notate and execute pertinent business activities (i.e. telephone conversations, quotes, demo requests, etc.). Use the Insightly opportunity management module to characterize and communicate new business opportunities and prepare periodic forecast updates.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities related to Inside Sales processes and systems usage. Work with the sales and system support teams to drive the development and implementation of detailed action plans; lead these plans to completion.
- Initiate Demand generation by developing the strategy and managing programs that drive demand for services and products.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Science area of study preferred)
- 0-3 years of experience, preferably in a technical sales role
- Excellent communication, listening, telephone, and web meeting skills.
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office proficient.
- Energetic – Self-starter
- Team oriented, people oriented and a relationship builder. Enthusiastic, confident and mature.
- Reliable and resilient. Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- New customer leads
- Development of sales support material
- Customer presentation development