Semiconductor Safety Engineer
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021
Sellersville, PA USA / Shannon, Irleand
As a Semiconductor Safety Engineer, you will audit and asses the semiconductor design processes per functional safety standards and industry practice. You will evaluate new semiconductor designs for reliability and failure mode probabilities and create quantitative failure rate models for various semiconductor devices including useful life.
- Audit and assess the semiconductor design processes per functional safety standards and industry practice
- Evaluate new semiconductor designs for reliability and failure mode probabilities
- Create quantitative failure rate models for various semiconductor devices including useful life
- Perform Hardware FMEA and Dependent Failure Analysis
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Analysis
- Develop detailed safety cases for products to show compliance with functional safety standards
- Interpret standards requirements and document procedures for assessment
- Conduct training in good development processes and Functional Safety requirements
- Support business development efforts and communicate with clients
- Write articles and blogs for our website
- Represent and promote exida at industry meetings, conferences and/or participating in industry committees
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in semiconductor design for analog, digital, or mixed mode circuits
- Knowledge of semiconductor design and production processes
- Knowledge of semiconductor failure modes and mitigation techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain and teach technical concepts
- Able to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards
- CFSE or CFSP certification
Performance will be measured by billable hours, revenue, and profit goals. Compensation consists of a base salary, profit sharing bonus, and incentive pay based on accomplishment of mutually agreed upon key targets.
Location: Sellersville, PA or Shannon Ireland
Works in the OEM department, reports to the Director of OEM Certification. Limited travel may be expected.
To Apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check and verification of the information provided by the candidate. If offered employment the candidate must have the legal right to work in U.S.