Senior Safety Engineer
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021
Sellersville, PA USA
The Senior Safety Engineer provides engineering process evaluation, technical training and support to Industrial Automation and Automotive vendors in the areas of safety, reliability, and assessment services. This position requires deep technical knowledge to understand and identify problems in existing designs.
- Product assessment and certification for functional safety and/or cybersecurity standards for industrial automation, machines, on-road and off-road automotive, and fire & gas
- Perform audits for design companies focusing on their hardware / software engineering processes and designs
- Engineering process analysis
- Hardware FMEA
- Perform software architecture reviews (FMEA/HAZOP) of proposed new designs
- Failure Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Analysis
- Develop detailed safety cases for products to show compliance with functional safety standards
- Interpret standards requirements and document procedures for assessment
- Conduct training in good development processes and Functional Safety requirements
- Support business development efforts and communicate with clients
- Write articles and blogs for our website
- Represent and promote exida at industry meetings, conferences and/or participating in industry committees
- Compile proposals and budgets when required utilizing Office 365
- Undertake project management when required, including administration, budgets, job closing and timesheet recording
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree
- Minimum 6 years of experience with product design and development including
- Hardware and/or software development
- Embedded microcomputer-based systems
- Quality assurance and process improvement
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, product development process, and process auditing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Experience with real-time embedded software development and management of large development projects to achieve functional safety certification
- Knowledge of integrated circuit technology
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards
- CFSE or CFSP certification
Performance will be measured by billable hours, revenue, and profit goals. Compensation consists of a base salary, profit sharing bonus, and incentive pay based on accomplishment of mutually agreed upon key targets.
Location: Sellersville, PA
Works in the OEM department, reports to the Director of OEM Certification. Limited travel may be expected.
To Apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check and verification of the information provided by the candidate. If offered employment the candidate must have the legal right to work in U.S.