Back to Basics: All About Failure Rates
Recording Date: February 2019
We will head back to the basics and break down everything there is to know about failure rates. We will learn:
- What a failure rate is
- How the standards define them
- Their unit of measurement
- Types of failure rates and failure modes
- Where do you get failure rates from
- How did a failure rate for a product get determined
- How you know if the failure rate is appropriate for your application
- What to do if it’s not
And of course, take time at the end to answer any question you may have about failure rates!
About the Presenter:
Loren Stewart, CFSE
Loren Stewart graduated from Virginia Tech with a BSME. She has over 10 years of professional experience. She currently works for exida consulting as a safety engineer, focusing on the mechanical aspects of their customers. Along with assessing the safety of products and creating FMEDAs and reports, she researches stiction and is creating a database for the 2H initiative according to IEC 61508.