Each month at exida, we strive to spotlight one of our products that makes the job easier for today's industry professional. In this blog, I wanted to talk about our latest edtion of the SERH (Safety Equipment Realiability Handbook).
The SERH provides a collection of failure rate data that is applicable for use in Safety Instrumented System (SIS) conceptual design verification in the process industry. It remains the ultimate reference source for any safety engineer involved in Conceptual Design and Safety Integrity Level verification. Users of the data can trust that the data represented has been reviewed in detail and judged applicable for use to evaluate equipment items in Safety Instrumented Function applications.
The Safety Equipment Reliability Handbook (SERH) book set is a hard copy of exida’s SERH database that contains a vast amount of equipment item reliability data.
Other benefits of the SERH include:
- Convenient equipment selection saves time not having to conduct research in which items have already been evaluated for functional safety
- Quick and convenient data to use in calculations
- Effortless search of assessment levels in products to determine whether to do Proven-In-Use verifications
- Save hours of research for each product providing data for necessary calculations for the process industry
- Avoid use of unrealistic data resulting in unsafe designs
- Avoid expensive redesigns of systems after an independent functional safety assessment is accomplished