Principal/Senior Functional Safety Software Engineer
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Sellersville, PA | Shannon, Ireland - Hybrid Role
What we’re good at
Leading global companies rely on exida for functional safety, alarm management and cybersecurity expertise. Founded in 2000, exida has proudly become a trusted partner, known for its cutting-edge technology, extensive cross-industry expertise and functional safety knowledge. Headquartered in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, exida has local roots with a global reach, operating across sixteen countries in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
We’re looking to grow our team and have an open position for a Principal/Senior Functional Safety Software Engineer with a minimum of ten (10) years’ industry experience.
In this role, you will develop and grow our automation functional safety and cybersecurity certification business and provide guidance, analysis and auditing consultation to product development organizations. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative company culture with a team of world-class engineers. When you join us, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Profit-sharing bonus and incentive pay based on achieved targets
- A friendly team environment
- Generous paid time off and excellent work-life balance
- Health, vision, and dental insurance plans and 401(k)
- Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
- A growth trajectory and leadership opportunities
What you’re good at
You are technically minded, detail-oriented and keep up to date on the latest in software engineering requirements and trends. You are process-oriented and hands-on along with being an approachable leader with skill in providing support in an advisory role. Reporting to the Director of Certification, you will:
- Visit software development companies to determine the processes they utilize to create their software. Provide consultation on any improvements needed to meet IEC 62443 security development requirements and IEC 61508/ISO 26262 functional safety development requirements;
- Review the security and safety features of hardware and software designs;
- Audit completed projects to assess if the processes used and resulting designs meet the requirements of exida’s certification scheme;
- Review and assess the security testing completed on products and systems to ensure they meet security standards;
- Identify potential threats to, and opportunities for, exida’s services and products;
- Present at technical conferences and symposiums. Contribute to whitepapers, blogs, webinars and training materials;
- Regularly participate in trainings to stay current on the standards and requirements of cybersecurity and functional safety;
- Explain, and teach, cybersecurity and functional safety development process requirements;
- Compile presentations, proposals and budgets in support of business development efforts.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in developing software following a secure development lifecycle;
- Foundation in the cause and mitigation of security vulnerabilities;
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols;
- Professional written and verbal communication skills;
- U.S. work authorization;
- Successful completion of background check.
- Experience in penetration testing or other security-related testing such as fuzz testing, software composition analysis, static analysis, abuse case testing and known vulnerability scanning;
- Knowledge of IEC 62443 Series of Standards or Common Criteria Standards;
- Experience with software failure modes and effects analysis;
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Concepts;
- Knowledge of IEC 61508, ISO 26262 or other functional safety standards;
- Hardware development experience;
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (e.g., Verilog or VHDL);
- One or more of the following certifications: CFSP; CFSE; TUV Functional Safety; CISA; CISSP; GICSP; CACE; CACS; CSSLP or equivalent;
- Experience creating security threat models for products and/or systems;
- Understanding of security concepts such as identification and authentication, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, secure boot and PKI.
If you like seeking out complex challenges to solve and using the latest technology to push the boundaries of engineering, come be part of exida’s mission!
If you meet the requirements of this role, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your background is a strong fit, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch.
exida is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran, or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Browse Germany Job Openings