IEC 61511: Operations & Maintenance
May 22 - May 23, 2018
- Sellersville, PA
STATUS: Subject to Cancellation)
Registration Open (
Enroll Now! Back to Course Schedule
80 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960
Sellersville is located in bucolic Bucks County, PA. By car, the training facility is only 1 hour from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 30 minutes from Allentown, PA. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The historic Washington House Hotel is just 2 blocks from our facility making for an easy commute to our courses.
Sorry, we couldn't show you the map
Cancellation and Reschedule Policy before signing up for any course.
Please read our
In this course, the student develops an understanding of the requirements for operations and maintenance in IEC 61511. You will also understand the importance in the functional safety lifecycle and how good and bad maintenance impacts the performance of the SIS and its SIFs.
- Develop basic back end safety lifecycle skills to:
- Understand the operations and maintenance requirements for the SIS and its SIFs
- Follow useful life of devices, replacing when expired
- Performing proof testing on time
- adhering to Mean Time To Restore (MTTR)
- Introduction, purpose and concepts of the Safety Instrumented Systems
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Competency matrix
- Understanding how Useful Life affects SIL and SIF performance
- Understanding the importance of Mission Time
- Performing periodic SIF performance assessments
- Phases of the safety lifecycle overview
(IEC 61511 primary focus, with references to IEC 61508
- SRS maintenance
- Ensuring the SRS is updated after any approved changes
- Management of Change and mechanical integrity
- Undertaking on-line or off-line maintenance
- Equipment replacement
- Routine calibration, inspection
- Periodic Personnel Assessments
Who Should Attend?
- Maintenance and Instrument Technicians
- Engineering and operations management
Duration: 2 Days