Is IEC 61508 for Mechanical Devices?
Recording Date: February 2019
A look into exida’s Mechanical Component Database
This webinar will feature an overview of the IEC functional safety standards and who should be using them and how they can apply to simple mechanical devices. Specific topics include:
- Key IEC 61508 standard practices and information
- How it can be applied to simple mechanical devices
- FMEDA process to achieve mechanical failure rates
- Mechanical Component Database
- Importance of data integrity
About the Presenter:
Loren Stewart, CFSE
Loren Stewart graduated from Virginia Tech with a BSME. She has over 10 years of professional experience. She currently works for exida consulting as a safety engineer, focusing on the mechanical aspects of their customers. Along with assessing the safety of products and creating FMEDAs and reports, she researches stiction and is creating a database for the 2H initiative according to IEC 61508.