Is your computer system architecture well designed and documented?
Does your design meet functional safety and cybersecurity standards?
ARCHx provides the engineering tool needed for effective, integrated design analysis.
ARCHx allows designers and independent evaluators to analyze high level computer system design architectures for safety and availability along with potential cyber vulnerabilities. The system may be comprised of any combination of software and hardware (including the content of FPGAs and custom ICs).
Compared to conventional FMEA and HAZOP tools, ARCHx provides an improved alternative for architecture design that captures more information in a more structured easy to use common data format that facilitates multiple analysis methods.
ARCHx provides potential benefits not only when used during the initial architecture design when basic design decisions are being made but also for existing designs. ARCHx also allows the user to document strengths, discover potential weaknesses, and document incremental improvements needed for systems, especially those being considered for safety or cybersecurity certification.
Features: The ARCHx tool
- Provides an easy to use framework to document the various subsystems that make up the system by decomposition of the functionality and the data flow that connects various subsystems.
- Allows the analyst to determine and document possible deviations from expected operation due to either hardware faults, software faults or cybersecurity intrusion.
- Allows the analyst to determine the impact of the deviations and potential mitigation measures to prevent or control the occurrence of such deviations or prevent further propagation of such deviations to other or more critical subsystems.
- Allows the analyst to evaluate and rank the value of potential mitigation measures and then choose the most effective measures in a way to allow potential automatic generation of derived functional requirements and integration test plan objectives to verify mitigation effectiveness.
- Documents all diagnostics selected for fault control measures and will automatically generate Functional Failure Mode tables for the FMEDAx tool.
- Captures Action Items for any tasks that cannot be done at the time of the architecture analysis process so that they can be tracked to completion and not forgotten.
- Provide reuse of information without need for manual data re-entry.
- Allows experts to build in additional knowledge to provide context specific design assistance to help new designers to create and evaluate good designs at the architecture level with improved documentation and traceability with less effort.
- Provides context sensitive generic assistance based on user’s current location in the tool for help on use of the tool.
- Provides content sensitive expert assistance based on the content of the design and the exida expert knowledge captured in the Knowledge Library.
- Provides the potential for semiautomatic review of the information captured for completeness compared to a configurable preset set of goals for the analysis which is useful to the team performing the analysis and potential independent auditors for the project.
Request a Quote Request a Web Demo