2018 Emerson Users Group Presentation on Achieving Peak Performance at Work Is Now Online
February 07, 2019
Video of Todd Stauffer's 2018 Emerson Users Group presentation is now online.
Using the New Brain Science to Achieve Peak Performance at Work
Human beings have a limited amount of mental energy. This presentation will talk about new advances in brain science and neuro-psychology that can help you “rewire your brain” to get the most out of your reservoir of mental energy. Based on the best-selling book “Peak Performance” by Stulberg and Magness, the presentation will talk about how to achieve peak performance at work and home.
It covers the following topics:
- How to use stress + rest as a means for growth
- How to multi-task (it can’t really be done)
- How to prevent burnout
- The “cost” to productivity of continuously checking your phone, email, or Facebook profile
- How having a sense of purpose can create motivation
- How to structure your day to maximize productivity
- The importance of sleep
- How to prevent emotional hijacking