IEC 61508 – An Introduction To Functional Safety - Web Training Course Announced
January 20, 2011
Web Training: March 14th –March 18th (5 days, 3 hours per day), 1:00 – 4:00 PM EST
This new course is a web optimized version of the proven IEC 61508 training course that provides:
- A review of major changes in the NEW 2010 version of IEC 61508.
- An understanding of requirements to develop products that meet the IEC 61508 group of standards.
- An introduction to probabilistic failure analysis as is used to verify functional safety in designs.
- An overview of the IEC 61508 standard and it’s requirements.
The course will be presented by a team of experts (depending on session) including:
- Dr. William M. Goble – Co-founder of exida and functional safety practitioner for over 25 years.
- Michael D. Medoff – Senior Certification Assessor, exida Certification. Over 15 years experience in software development, cyber-security and functional safety. Author of the new exida book “Functional Safety – An IEC 61508 Capable Development Process”
- John C. Grebe – Principle Engineer and Partner, exida. Over 25 years experience in electronic design, cyber-security and FMEDA analysis.
This course is useful to:
- Product managers who wish an understanding of IEC 61508 and Functional Safety concepts.
- Mechanical and electrical engineers who wish to develop products that meet IEC 61508.
- Engineering Managers who want an understanding of product development under IEC 61508.
- Software engineers who must write software that meets the requirements of IEC 61508.
- Anyone who wants to understand the product and process requirements of functional safety.
This new web training course runs for five consecutive days, three hours per day from 10 AM EDT to 1 PM EDT. All sessions are recorded and available for viewing for up to 30 days after the course for those who must miss a session or for those who wish to re-visit a specific topic.
Background / Definitions
Safety Systems / Safety Functions
The Safety Lifecycle for Bespoke (Turn-key) Systems
Example designs and design verification
IEC 61508 Product Certification
Basic Reliability Engineering Concepts and Definitions
System Reliability Engineering
Component Failure Rate / Failure Mode Database
The Safety Lifecycle for Product Development
Software Language issues
Software HAZOP for design verification
Functional Safety Management
Getting more information
Price: US$1295 per student including a course binder with note sets and white papers.
Site pricing is available on special request for multiple students per site.